- Permanent Management EE position
- Heidelberg, Gauteng
- Posted 05 Jun 2023 by Imperial Logistics
- Expires in 34 days
- Job 2521345
ABOUT THE POSITION
Imperial is an African focused provider of integrated market access and logistics solutions. With a focus on the following key industries – healthcare, consumer, automotive, chemicals, industrial and commodities – we take our clients’ and principals’ products to some of the fastest growing and most challenging markets in the world. As a leading global logistics provider, we seek out and leverage new technology to deliver innovative, end-to-end solutions. Through our significant African footprint and international expertise, and with the support of our 25,000 people, Imperial’s purpose is to connect Africa and the world – and to improve people’s lives with access to quality products and services. Imperial became a wholly owned business of DP World in March 2022. For more information: [URL Removed]
- Imperial’s Logistics Africa business, is the leading logistics supplier in South Africa, and one of the largest on the African continent, providing Contract Logistics, Road Freight and Lead Logistics Provider solutions.
- Imperial Logistics International business, has its headquarters in Duisburg, Germany and is responsible for all Group logistics activities (including Contract Logistics and Freight) outside of Africa.
- Imperial’s Market Access business builds complex route-to market solutions that provide principals access to patients and consumers across Africa through comprehensive channel strategies that integrate sourcing, sales, demand generation, distribution, marketing and promotions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and ensure the implementation of the co- appointment of a 16 (2) at all sites.
- Monitor and report Imperial Dedicated Contracts SHERQ / ISO compliance with all relevant legislation, codes of practice, statutory requirements and industry standards; this would include but not limited to:
- Review and continuous up-dating of relevant policies and procedures.
- Uploading policies and procedures onto the HS Management system .
- Custodian of the Health and Safety Management System .
- Review accident reports and monitor and report weekly on the progress of the close-out.
- Verifies the completion of regular assessments on all sites and conducts sporadic audits to check compliance to policies and procedures.
- Compiles audit report on completion of site audit with suggested corrective action points where required.
- Involved in external safety audits (Contractors and customers).
- Ensure disaster contingency plans exist and are continually reviewed and updated in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Prepare and submit relevant reports as required by Imperial Dedicated Contracts Management; reports include but are not limited to:
- Number of incidents.
- Policy / procedure review schedule.
- Compliance reports.
- Monitor and report on the compliance with customer standards and HSSE requirements.
- Ensure that all procedures are compliant to the OHS Act / ISO or relevant protocols accepted by the company
- Monitor and guide the reporting of incidents and accidents in order to create consistency and opportunities. for continuous improvement and preventative policies and procedures.
- Evaluate root cause analysis and provide recommendations to operations for implementation.
- Monitor performance of team members to ensure efficiencies are achieved.
- Motivate and coach staff to maximize productivity.
- Participate in performance reviews of the SHEQ Officers on the various sites.
- Administer corrective actions and manage disciplinary action when required.
- Conduct is compliant with relevant legislation and company policies and procedures.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Diploma /Degree in Safety
Certification in safety, security and quality management
NB: 5 years’ management experience in a distribution environment
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting and as such preference will be given to candidates who fall within our equity targets. Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Distribution Environment SHEQ
- Logistics Management
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Performance Bonus
- Medical Aid
- Provident Fund
- Road Safety