Sanlam Personal Loans Review. Payday loans are expensive forms of credit and shouldn’t be used to fix long-term financial issues. People should avoid payday loans if it will put their budget under strain, as late fees for payday loans can build up quickly and result in debt.
Sanlam offers a wide range of financial services to both individuals and businesses – its suite of personal finance options include personal loans, investment products, financial planning, insurances, among others. Read on to find out what you need to know about Sanlam Personal Loans.
Sanlam Personal Loans Review
About Sanlam Loans
If you are strapped for cash, and you need financing and don’t know where to turn, Sanlam can help you with a personal loan to make your dreams a reality.
Sanlam is your trusted partner in the financial industry. You don’t need to feel left out as they are always ready to assist you. Become part of the millions of South Africans that have found financial help with a loan from Sanlam.
A Personal loan from a trusted finance company
You will search far and wide to find another company as old as Sanlam. They have been serving South Africans since 1918. For more than 100 years its mission has been to serve its clients and help them reach their goals responsibly.
Getting a personal loan from a company that has years of experience and a track record like Sanlam is a great benefit.
Types of personal loans from Sanlam
Sanlam personal loans are suitable for many different purposes. Some of the types of loans you can apply for at Sanlam are:
- Personal loan. With Sanlam, you can apply for a loan amount that ranges from R5,000 to R200,000. You’ll have to commit to fixed monthly repayments until your loan is paid off in full. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 to 72 months, and the interest rate is typically fixed between 18.55% to 24.50% p.a.
- Debt consolidation. You can apply for a loan via Sanlam for the purpose of consolidating your debts. In fact, 19% of Sanlam’s customers opt to use their funds for debt consolidation. If you successfully apply you may be offered an interest rate which is lower than your existing debts, saving you interest on your loans.
- Home improvements. Consider a personal loan from Sanlam if you are looking to do home improvements. Sanlam loans can be awarded at attractive rates, which are ideal for funding an investment into your home. More than a quarter (26%) of Sanlam customers use their loan for home improvements.
Before signing up to a personal loan with Sanlam, you should read and understand your loan’s terms and conditions. And be fully aware of the fees and charges linked to your loan, such as the monthly service fee and a loan set-up cost among others.
Features of a Sanlam personal loan
- Rates of interest. Your interest rate is calculated based on factors including your credit score. Your personalised interest rate could start from 18.55%.
- Unsecured loans. Sanlam loans are unsecured, so, you don’t need to offer an asset as collateral for your loan.
- Credit life insurance. When taking out a loan with Sanlam, you’ll have the option of taking out life cover to ensure your monthly repayments can be met if you die during the loan term.
- Cashback deals. Sanlam Reality members may be eligible to get up to 20% of their loan repayments back once they’ve made 12 consecutive repayments. Capped at R20,000. Terms and conditions apply.
- Online application. Everything can be taken care of online, ensuring a speedy and convenient service.
- Security. Loans from Sanlam are administered and managed by DirectAxis, an authorised Financial Services Provider.
Pros and cons of a Sanlam personal loan
- Flexibility – smaller loans start from just R5,000, and these go up in further increments of R 1,000.
- Lower interest rates may be available – for example, Capitec’s personal loan rate starts from 12.9% p.a.
How to apply for a personal loan with Sanlam
Once you’re sure you are able to meet both the eligibility requirements and the full repayment plan for a loan, you can apply directly through Sanlam’s website. If you need any further help with your application, call Sanlam’s personal loans call centre on +27 86 144 0044.
How long does sanlam take to pay out a personal loan? That varies from customer to customer; according to Sanlam’s website, the funds of your loan amount will be deposited ‘quickly and directly’ into your bank account.
- Residency. To qualify for a loan you have to both work and live in South Africa.
- Income requirement. There is no explicit minimum income requirement, but Sanlam will evaluate your income level as it decides whether you are able to afford a personal loan.
- Credit file. Sanlam will only consider your personal loan application if your credit file is in good standing.
Required documents and information
- ID. You’ll need a copy of your green barcoded ID book, or Smart ID card
- Income verification. You must show three consecutive months of payslips or bank statements
- Bank details. You must give your bank details, specifically, the account into which your salary is paid
- Assets, liabilities, expenses. To help evaluate your suitability for a loan, Sanlam might ask you to show proof of your assets, liabilities and regular expenses
Sanlam Loans – Personal loan
- Loan Type Personal loans
- Interest Rate 18.55 – 24.50% p/a
- Loan Amountup to R200,000
- Repayment 2 years to 6 years
Benefits of Sanlam Loans
- Low-interest rates starting from 18.55%
- Qualify for a personal loan up to R200,000
- Get a repayment term up to 6 years
What are Sanlam Loans Contact Details?
Sanlam wants to hear from you and help you out with any query you might have. For this reason, they make available several channels of communication.
You can either go to their offices from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or call them on 0860 726 526. Also, you can fill in their contact form online with the query, complaint or question you have. You can find Sanlam offices in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, and other locations.
You now know that if you need financial services such as personal loans, insurance, and retirement annuity products you can safely count on Sanlam. This company provides top online credit solutions to help you achieve your goals.