CHANGE OF MIND/EXTENDING YOUR APPLICATION REQUEST FORM
By paying attention to these details and making use of the Change of Mind option, you can maximize your chances of securing a place at your desired institution. Remember to stay organized, follow deadlines, and make informed decisions when utilizing this opportunity.
Important: Your “Change of Mind” (COM) is processed immediately if your request is done online. To request a “Change of Mind”
online you must go to www.cao.ac.za and click on the icon “Change of Mind” and follow the instructions. As soon as you click
submit and pay the COM fee your latest choices will be available to the institutions.
If you complete and submit a hard-copy “Change of Mind Request Form” and after you’ve paid the COM fee it takes up to 4 weeks
after we receive it to be processed and made available to the institutions.CAO change of mind fee 2024
CAO Number: _____________ Applicant ID/Passport Number: ____________
Applicant’s First Name/s: __________________ Applicant’s Surname: ________________
This form is used when you want to:
- Change one or more programmes choices you previously submitted;
- Change the rank order of your choices, e.g. from number 4 to number 1;
- Add a programme to your list of choices to a maximum of 6 programme choices;
- Extend your current application to the following year. When extending your application to the following
year you may change programme choices.
The administration cost is R140 to do any one of the above. Pay through EasyPay. Use the same EasyPay
number that you used when you paid for your application, OR pay by card at our office. If you have
forgotten your EasyPay number you may call our Call Centre. Details provided below.
Fill in your NEW List of Programme Choices in this grid – this is how you would now like your programme choices to appear.
> Check your application status on www.cao.ac.za at “My Application” BEFORE you complete this form. > These requests will only be processed once the COM administration fee of R140 has been received. > Completed forms may also be emailed to email@example.com
CAO Ways of making payment
- You can pay online or you can use your unique Easypay reference number used when paying your application fee. If you
- did not retain your Easypay reference number, contact us on 0860 860 226 and we will provide you with your reference
- You can pay by credit or debit card if you visit the CAO office at Gate 11, Mary Thiphe Street, Cato Manor, Durban
- Signature of Applicant: _________________ Date ______________